Wednesday 23 January 2013

On holidays

The past week we were lucky enough to stay in Adelaide, right in the city.  My husband had a course he had to attend, and we decided that a trip away would do everyone the world of good.

Such a shame about the location of our holiday house though.

IMG_0118

I mean look at our surroundings.

IMG_0121

All those trees.  All those birds.

IMG_0122

Anyone would think it was the country or something!

IMG_0123

Oh okay, you got me.  It was divine.  Purely divine.  Behind every one of these bunch of trees is a major, major metropolitan highway and suburbia.  Yet this little park was filled with trees and grasslands just like this.  I sat on our deck each night with my glass of wine and absorbed it.  Really would have been happy to pack up and move there.

IMG_0125

Every morning we awoke to the sounds of kookaburras and galahs.  And we were forced to look at this view.

IMG_0124

And mixed in with the scent of the eucalyptus trees was a lemon scented something – I don’t know which bush it was but it smelt so lovely every evening.

IMG_0137

Our nearest neighbours.  They had kids too.  Isn’t it wonderful at parks like this – kids just play with total strangers and everyone has a fabulous time. 

IMG_0140

These are baby trees really.  I didn’t get to take a photo of the old, gnarly gumtrees closer to the road, but they are massive.  It’s been so hot that all the bark had fallen to the ground leaving the trunks of these beautiful trees like this:

IMG_0141

 

IMG_0138

Amazing, the patterns of nature. 

Every day we would walk through the streets (as we had no car) and it was very stressful making sure the little people were holding my hand, and not venturing into danger.  My kids are country kids, and big major city highways are not something they are used to.  Me either, if I’m honest.  Both the girls told me 'they liked the city, but it’s just got too many cars in it!’.  I totally agree.

It was very nice to return home to our lovely unit (which even had an ensuite, as well as a major bathroom), airconditioning and swimming pool and backyard views like the ones above.

However, nothing got stitched, crocheted or sewed.  That’s becoming a bit of a problem really.  I can feel myself getting antsy.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

2 comments:

  1. How do you handle sharing the holidays with your grown children and grands? I'd definitely be open to any helpful suggestions.
    Indian Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to planning for a trip the first thing which comes into mind is getting bookings done in a proper hotel. Delhi Hotel Accommodation offers their tourists the best hospitality services.

    ReplyDelete