Thursday 31 January 2013

Catching Up

Whew.

One kid is at kindy, one kid is at school, one husband is back at work.  The house is quiet.  After seven weeks of school holidays, and all the chaos that is the Christmas season, I’m finally getting some time to myself.

Not that it’s been filled with sewing of any note, it’s been digging through the various levels of school holiday fun that remain on the floors of every room I seem to walk in.  But I have managed to do a little of my Easy Street.

100_2177

These are older photos.  I seemed to be keeping up with everyone, and then I dropped my bundle and didn’t do any for ages.

100_2179

I just looked at this photo and saw the glaring error.  Thankfully this is one of the older photos, and I’d only lay it there for design purposes, no stitching was involved.  I’ve rearranged it now.  Amazing how what you can’t see face to face sticks out glaringly in a photo.

100_2180

The four corner pieces.  They are at least sewn together.

100_2178

Got another one of those pesky four patches turned the wrong way.  Glad I hadn’t sewn those ones.

So after a few weeks of nothing much being achieved, I dug it all out the other day and the first thing I had to do was sort out what bit belonged to what block.  I’m not rash enough to actually label things BEFORE they go in the box, why would I do that???

100_2216

It didn’t take too long and I managed to get a little bit done yesterday.

100_2223

Block One.

100_2224

Block Two

100_2230

Now, a couple together with the border blocks.

100_2231

And a couple more.  I’m pleased with it, I think the green will be toned down once I get more white in it. 

It’s a very – what’s the word I’m looking for?  Time consuming is obvious, even though Bonnie said it would be easy I struggled a little.  Getting all those four patches going the right way is pretty stressful, I’m checking everything two or three times before moving on to the next step because I just know I’ll sew the silly thing together and find something out of place.

But I’m happy with it.  It’s sure not my colours, which I’m pleased about because I need to step out of my comfort zone.  It’s way greener than I would have designed myself, but again – all okay. 

We’ll see how much of it I can get done by the end of the week.  Who knows, I might get it all together and cross another quilt off the UFO list.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment