Saturday 5 January 2013

Away In A Manger

IMG_0981

Yesterday it was 46 degrees (114 F) and today it was/is 44.

In other words, it’s very hot.

I’ve spent my days supervising wet children outside in the pool and so little sewing has been done.  I have been plodding along on my Easy Street quilt, which is looking okay for now, I think.  I’ll do a post with plenty of pictures later.  I’ve consistently ran out of fabric (it’s always interesting how I think that yardage requirements don’t really apply to me) and it’s looking a little scrappier than I had planned but I have enjoyed it, learned a few new techniques and emptied the fabric box a little, so what is better than that?

But for now, just a little show and tell in honour of the season.  This is another Chook Shed design, it’s just a small little quick wall hanging.  One of the millions.

But nice enough too.

Till tomorrow

Suzie

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great!!! Over here in Belgium it's winter, and I'm counting the days for some warmer wheather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I thought it was only me who thought that the fabric I'd bought was elasticated and would stretch to whatever I needed to do with it!

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everywhere is either too hot or too cold. The planet was terribly upset. 46 degrees is sweltering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum is in England, returning to a week forecast as being 45plus. I sure hope she brings a change of clothes on the plane!

    Thanks so much for your comments.

    ReplyDelete