Tuesday 17 March 2020

077 Let's talk quilting, shall we?

So.  

How are we all going?

Bit of a shit storm, really.  Excuse my language.  We aren't in shutdown (yet) but the schools have cancelled all non essential events and I'm fairly confident before the week is out our government will make us all stay home.

Which is actually completely fine for me.  I was saying to someone yesterday, if Australia doesn't come out of this year with PTSD, I'd be amazed.  What a crappy, horrid start.  I've always been a bit of an ostrich (head in the sand) and bunkering down and avoiding any sort of news sounds perfect.

So.  My cupboards are filled, I have toilet paper enough, and there's one thing for sure, I'm not going to run out of the essentials (fabric and wine) any time soon.  So I figure let's just get on with it.

Our patchwork group is doing a monthly block event - someone decides on a block, we all make one or two of those blocks, and at the end of the month we should have enough blocks to make one or two charity quilts.  This month was a star:


I've made mine, but I plan on making a few more, but completely random in colour.  Then it'll be a lovely scrap quilt.

And that's how I'm going to spend my Coronavirus.

Please keep sewing.  And smiling.

Suzie

2 comments:

  1. Is there a pattern for this block, it is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobby, I'm sure there's one around, but we didn't use one - it's just (5) 3.5" squares of cream, (4) 3.5" x 6.5" rectangles of cream, (8) 3.5" different blues for the flying geese points, and (12) 2" squares for the centre piece. If I get a chance I'll post something a little more instructive. Thankyou for posting!

      Delete