Tuesday 3 March 2020

063 Crochet update

Slowly, slowly my leftover crochet blanket is nearing its finish.  Which is really good, because it's just starting to cool down at night now, and it's nice to snuggle under the blanket while I'm stitching rows together.


 I had to buy some new wool to finish the outer border, which I'm a little disappointed with.  Mainly disappointed in myself because I had to buy other wool with the order to justify the postage (I know, I know....).  So for now it's going to have to sit almost done until the wool arrives and I can start the border.



Which is probably not such a bad thing because my hands are paying the price.  As I am aging (sigh) I am noticing I can't do all of the things all of the time.  Which is a bit sad really, but I guess it's to be expected.  I've done many things with my hands over the years, they really have held up very well but I think I must start to be a little kind to them as we move forward.


So that's all for now.  I'm off to a quilt retreat in a few days and I'm madly trying to make the house ship shape before hand, so not much time for sewing.  But I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment