Thursday 12 March 2020

072 Sewing Retreat Update

I mentioned before that I'd been on a three day sewing retreat over our long weekend.  As usual, I brought way too much, and never stood a hope of finishing everything, but I am pleased to say that more than one thing from my UFO list was struck off!

Do you remember my hexies below?





They were left over from the Millenium swap I was in twenty (20!!!) years ago.  I say leftover but that's wrong, because when I was sorting through my fabrics, these ones kept jumping out at me to do something different with.  They are all those delightful little Concord fabrics that I love so much, that don't seem to be around any more.  I decided to do something with them, and this is the result.

It really took no time at all to hand piece this little coverlet, and I basted it within an inch of its life so that I could hand quilt it.

Of course, time being non existent right now, handquilting is not going to happen on all the things I want to handquilt.  So I machine quilted this little one.







And now it's complete!  I stitched the binding on yesterday so I could have some hand work to do later, and I haven't got to that.  But I have quilting tonight so I will endeavour to finish it then.

And that's one thing off the Very Long UFO list I have kept.  One down, hundreds to go.  But it's a start!

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I love your hexi quilt! I have always wanted to make one and if I did it would hopefully look like your's!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete