Saturday 14 March 2020

074 Show and Tell - not mine (!!)

As a quilting group, we often are the recipient of quilting goods that someone wishes to get rid of, either because they have gone off the idea of quilting, or more often (and sadly) because they have passed away and their family doesn't know what to do with those things half done.

This was a top that was given to us but a quilter who no longer does quilting.  Lucky us to have our own resident Long Armer (mum) who quilted it up so that we can either raffle it, or donate it.







It was beautifully made and beautifully quilted, and I hope it brings someone joy.

It's always sobering to consider what to do with all our "stuff" when we no longer are able to enjoy it.  I find it quite a difficult thought process to go through.  I have so much stuff, and I worry that my family will be left with it.  I know I'm not alone in that.  I have become (slightly, very slightly) better at not buying things but I could do a lot better.  But it is a worry.  And being the youngest of our group, where the average age is about 75 years, I know the girls at quilting worry about it also. 

I don't know that there is an easy solution.  I guess to buy less is the only answer.  But I do love the look of shiny new fabric.

So that's today's 'thought bubble' as my husband calls it.  

Hope you're all well today!  Don't run out of toilet paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment