Sunday 5 January 2020

005 - Lucy Boston update

In times of trauma, such as this week, I quilt.  I stick my head in my sewing room like an ostrich, and I quilt.  So let me show you what I've been doing.

I've been plodding along, working on my Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses quilt.  It's coming along.  I spent a large amount of time kitting the blocks up and now they are completely portable.  The girls have changed their dance nights, meaning most times I can drop them there and come back, rather than waiting in the car which means my handwork time is decreased.  So I'm going to have to work hard on them to get them done.


Just a single block to show you today.  I can see some stitching showing through but I'm sure it'll be fine when it's done.  I enjoy them, I must admit.  I can do one in two easy nights, or one in one late night, and when pressed they look lovely.  And for a minute or two, it's okay to forget the awful stuff.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Putting myself in the quilting room in times of trouble was how I got into this occupation in the first place.

    ReplyDelete