Thursday 8 December 2016

Blackford’s Beauty

IMG_8618

IMG_8619

IMG_8620

IMG_8621

IMG_8622

IMG_8623

Still no real sewing I can show you today due to busy busy busy but here is another from our time in our quilting shop.

I’ve always loved this block – it’s Blackford’s Beauty and I’ve made it many times.  I took from this quilt the learned lesson that more is more with Blackford’s Beauty.  The scrappier the better.  I’ve made it over here in my Amish Blackford’s Beauty which in my opinion looks much better.   But you can’t really go wrong with an Amish quilt – they all seem to work.

Other than not sewing, I’ve been productive – I’ve brought about 80 percent of my Chrissy presents, including something AMAZING that I brought for myself so my husband can give it to me (do you do that too?  what we mothers and wives have to do!).  I’ll show you that on Christmas Day. Can’t spoil the surprise!  I’ve spent my day cleaning washing folding ironing emptying the fridge, in other words all the really boring stuff that one must do before one can sew.  But now I have a clear, open mind I can go and do the fun stuff.  Yay!

Hope you’re having a terrific day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do that too! But DH is really good at surprising me too. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete