Tuesday 5 January 2021

Out and about in Adelaide

Hi lovely readers,

We recently spent some time in Adelaide, wandering around the city streets.  We are very fond of inner city Adelaide, I'm sure I've bored you with pictures before.  But I thought I'd show you some of our lovely Botanic Gardens.

It was particularly hot the day we went there, but as soon as you walked through the gardens, the temperature lowered dramatically.  It was in the middle of Covid restrictions, but there were many people out enjoying their time there.  I guess outdoors is better than indoors?

Our Botanic Gardens are at the end of North Terrace, which is where you find the University, the Library, the Museum.  All the good buildings!




The wisteria arch had passed its best, but we still enjoyed it.

Have you seen Gloria Loughman's Canopy Quilt?  Think this would make an excellent quilt.


Ivy everywhere.  I don't think Ivy is native to Australia (does anyone know?) but I know it isn't something that grows well in hot, dry South Australia, so seeing it everywhere was wonderful.

Inside the fern house.  It was hot, wet and humid but we loved it.

If I recall correctly, this massive tree is a native that the garden was built around.  Hard to believe there were so many large trees right in the middle of what is now a metropolitan area.
I don't know why I took this photo.  I'm assuming I liked the plant for our garden?  Who knows.
Maybe this pretty purple one was it?  I don't remember.  Menopause is really messing with my memory.  



A lovely little cottage tucked away.  It is now the volunteers building, but it was closed due to Covid.  Was almost Hobbit like.  Of course, we loved it.




So many glorious shades of green in the world.  


Some very tame rainbow lorikeets live in the garden.  They let us get remarkably close, but my camera skills are useless.  I think these lovely birds are a bit special, such vibrant colours.






And that's it, my lovely readers.  Tomorrow I'll show you the art gallery.  Hope you won't be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment