Sunday 1 July 2018

A Grampians Road Trip–Wildflowers

Part of my tidying up of little jobs is sorting through the many draft posts I have made here.  There is simply no excuse for me not to post more often, given all the drafts I have in my draft folder. 

A year (!!) ago we went on school holidays to the Grampians, a very pretty part of Australia that we loved.  We took a million photos, and I collected a few of the wildflower ones just for here.  Then it languished in the draft folder. 

So Here It Is! 

IMG_1168

IMG_1108

I don’t know enough about Australian flora and fauna (shame on me) to tell you which ones are natives or not.  I suspect these ones are native, they struck me as a type of orchid.

IMG_1180

Daisies.  I suspect daisies are everywhere on the planet.  Almost a weed.

IMG_1276

Pretty yellow ones that I don’t know the name of.

Photo 3-10-17, 7 27 05 pm

Well, I would be shot if I didn’t recognise that this is a native Waratah.  I have never seen a real one of these.  This one was in a potplant.

IMG_9763

Great fields of wattle.  So pretty and everywhere.  Wattles are definitely a native.

IMG_9733

More daisies.  Purple ones now.

IMG_9726

This was lovely.  Teeny tiny flowers but so lovely.

IMG_9495

Wattle wattle wattle.  That’s an iconic view, isn’t it?  Couldja get more ‘straya? 

Talk to you soon!

2 comments: