Sunday 22 June 2014

Some Eye Candy

In lieu of nothing to show you yet, I have some more eye candy for you.

This is one of the quilts Mum has quilted on her long arm.  The lady who made the quilt found a piece of wrapping paper, of all things, and adapted it to be machine appliqued.  Isn’t it stunning?

IMG_4393

I’m always asked where I find my designs from, and the answers can be pretty obscure.  A lot of my applique designs are found on cheap and nasty wrapping paper, birthday cards, kid’s colouring in books – anywhere that a picture can be adapted to an applique design.

IMG_4394

Mum’s done a marvellous job on the quilting. 

IMG_4395

The back is as intricate as the front.  Very clever.

IMG_4396

She keeps on telling me I need to learn how to use the long arm.  I keep telling her why should I, when she does such an excellent job.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment