Wednesday 4 June 2014

Scraptitude Mystery Quilt

*Updated 5/6/2014 – this was a mystery quilt posted by the blog http://quiltingfortherestofus.com/, and the direct link is here:.  Enjoy!

 

I really ummed and erred about posting a photo of this quilt, just in case there was any readers were doing this mystery quilt and hadn’t finished it.  But I did a search on the quilt and there are solved pictures all over the internet, so I’m going to post mine and hope I haven’t ruined someone’s surprise.

I had a box of scrap squares, a roll of black homespun and a need for mindless sewing.  I found the solved Scraptitude Mystery Quilt here, and decided that I loved the design and my box of scraps would work well.  And I got to it.

001

I’m very pleased with it, though it’s very bright!!

002

It did go together okay, though not brilliantly.  It has a lot of bias triangles to work with and bias triangles and I don’t really get along.  Though I’m trying hard to rectify that.  To make them my friend.

005

Loving the black with the colours.  I think I’ll bind this one in black homespun.  Don’t look at the whooofy edges, will you?  Hopefully the quilting will sort them out, at least a little.

008

I told you I’d had a productive time while everyone is back at school and my husband is busy working.  I’ve been head down, bum up, sewing madly.

006

Anyway, my lovely readers – hope you liked my latest foray into scrap quilting.  Please drop me a line and let me know what you’re up to?

009

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

5 comments:

  1. Where was this mystery? I love the quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too me too! I love it and sure didn't see this mystery. Can we still the pattern info?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too! Where is this one. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello All! I am in the guild where the designer of this quilt goes. Her name is Charlotte and she now has her own blog. Scarpitude Quilts which can be found here. http://scrapitudequilts.com/ She has just started a new mystery quilt. Step One was just revealed last Tuesday. It will be revealed every month, with the reveal in May. A nice way to pass the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the information, Lori - I shall go there right now!

      Suzie

      Delete