Saturday 26 January 2019

UFO's of a different kind

I'm jumping all over the place at the moment with what I am working on.  The plus side of having so many UFO's, I guess.

Remember these?
I decided that as it was 45 degrees (again, third day in a row but who's counting??) it was all I could do to just sew strips.  So I got quite a lot done, given it was 45 degrees.  Did I mention it was 45 degrees?  It's actually been a record heat wave here in South Australia and it's NOT FUN.
 I only have a couple more blocks to stitch which I hope to do today.  We'll see what the day brings though.  It's Australia Day today, I should be feeling more patriotic but not so much.  Just all worn out in general really.
Other than sewing, we have had our week filled with appointments for haircuts, new school clothes, picking up school books - all those sorts of things that the last week before school brings.  Eldest goes back on Tuesday, youngest on Wednesday and just like that, the school holidays are gone.  I'll miss them, to be honest.  It's been lovely to just do nothing and plan nothing and wear daggy clothes with no waistbands.  From Monday it's back on the diet and the walking and the getting myself in shape agenda, which is no fun at all.  But totally necessary.  





I hope you're all well, not too hot, not too cold.  We keep waiting for some sort of cool change to arrive but none yet - so until then I shall continue to stay inside in the cool.  

Happy quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Love these monsters. I have been back through all your monster quilt posts but can't find the name of the pattern or where to get it. Feeling your pain with the heat...while it hasn't been as hot here over east .......the aircon is getting a workout too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I don't have a pattern for the monsters, I've just used a lot of pictures from birthday cards/wrapping paper/the internet for them. We had a change come through last night with some rain (!!!) and it's lovely today. Thanks for posting.

      Delete
    2. I'll do some more googling for inspiration & get the grandkids to draw some! Enjoy the break in the heat & the last day of the long weekend

      Delete
  2. LOVE these little monsters! Perfect for a little one or even one young at heart!

    ReplyDelete