Saturday 5 January 2019

Socks–something new to show you

At night, I like to do mindless stuff.  The current mindless addiction (apart from Lucy Boston) is knitting, and as I have a very large stash of sock wool, I’ve been knitting socks.

I gave this pair to my niece at her 21st.  They don’t match but I like that about them.  And she is quirky and I think would like that too.

Photo 5-12-18, 8 43 54 amPhoto 5-12-18, 8 44 44 amPhoto 5-12-18, 8 44 59 am

Photo 5-12-18, 8 46 14 am

I used the Winwick Mum sock pattern along with her stellar tutorials, and I managed very well, if I do say so myself.  I’m using a combination of circular, and sets of needles to get the job done.

Once I get my ‘sock hat’ on, I find it very easy to do.  The trick is to finish the sock while you’re in the groove, as with all other sorts of knitting, once you put it down for a long period of time it’s very hard to work out where you are.

I’ve got enough sockyarn to do a pair each month, so just a quiet plan set in place there.  No grand promises, but I hope to get that done.

I went online and drooled over some new yarn today, but in remembering my pledge to buy nothing this year, I left it on the shelves.  I LEFT IT ON THE SHELVES!

It’s much cooler today, and it’s trying to rain.  The weather is bonkers and I will never enjoy summer in Australia, no matter how much you try and make me.

Have an excellent day!


No comments:

Post a Comment