Saturday 9 March 2013

I Built A Barn

So because I’m either a sucker for punishment, or because I have no will power at all, and despite declaring to the whole internet that I won’t start anything new, I started something new.

This is how I started.  Can you see what it is going to be?

IMG_1498 (2)

A few seams stitched together.  Is it any clearer?

IMG_1499 (2)

There we go.  A finished block.  But not quite finished just yet.

IMG_1501 (2)

Tada!  I raised a barn.  Totally gave it away as a spoiler in the title line though.

IMG_1502 (2)

I got the idea from Bee In My Bonnet’s Quilty Barn Along.  I’d seen a lovely school house quilt block with the six inch block inserted, but I couldn’t quite make it work – I mean I couldn’t find a schoolhouse block that I liked enough to do it myself.  When I saw this one, I thought I really should have a go at that.  And this is the end result.

The finished block is about fourteen inches (really should have measured it before sitting down at the computer) and the small one is six inches. 

It didn’t take too long, more than a morning’s work though.  I’m not sure how many I will make but I have a feeling they may be slightly addictive.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment