Friday 8 November 2013

Log Cabin, The Reveal!

This one is totally, one hundred percent finished.  Stitched, quilted, bound – even has a label on the back! 

Yay me!

IMG_2246

I’m so thrilled to pieces (haha) with this one – it turned out so lovely.  I hung it in our quilt show as a first reveal and sadly didn’t win viewer’s choice, but I did get some very nice comments.

IMG_2247

Each block is four inches finished.

IMG_2250

There are four hundred 4” blocks in the quilt.

IMG_2249

There are 13 logs, including the centre ‘fire place’ in each block.  So that makes a grand total of 5200 little logs in the whole quilt (assuming my maths is correct).

So all in all, a good few weeks’ work.  I would have loved to hand quilt it but you and I both know it’ll never happen.  So the long arm quilter (mother) kindly quilted it for me and I am very happy with it.

Does it surprise you that I’ve already started on in my thirties prints?  No?  Didn’t think so.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

1 comment: