Tuesday 24 April 2012

Tutorial Tuesday

Tada!


Time for another clever tutorial from someone that isn't me!

Ever wondered how to do those wonderful mitred borders?  The ones where the stripes all line up like this: 



I bet you have seen them and thought 'uh oh, not for me - wayyyyyy too hard'  Well, don't be a chicken.  Go to the tutorial for the above photo here and give it a go.

http://thehabygoddess.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/how-to-sew-easy-mitred-corner.html

Or how about corners like this:


Taken with thanks from

http://www.jaybirdquilts.com/2009/08/mitered-multiple-borders-tutorial.html

There's a very, very comprehensive tutorial there for mitreing borders.  I urge you to try them.  They are not so hard, they look F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. on a quilt.  I'm all too guilty of being lazy, whacking just any old border on a quilt just to get the jolly thing finished.  But I also know that the quilts I take that extra time with, to put a fancier border on, they are the ones that really pop. 

It's so worth the time taken.

Anyway.  That's all for now.  See you tomorrow!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment