Wednesday 4 January 2012

A New Year and Resolutions

Every year I start off with the greatest of intentions.  Eat better.  Move more.  Be a better mother, wife, housekeeper.  Finish all I start.

And every December, I feel - I guess let down by myself is the best way to describe it. 

I'm not sure why I place such store on one day of the year.  I guess most of us do it, plan the big resolutions and then disappoint ourselves when life gets in the way. 

I think if I was more organised, the rest of it would fall into place.  Everything that doesn't get done in my house is because of a lack of organisation.  I don't eat as well as I should because I don't have a menu plan figured out for the week.  I don't exercise daily because I don't structure my day as best I could.  Little organisational changes could magnify into big personal changes, if I'm organised.

So in the interest of NOT making resolutions, but making Important Life Changes, this is what I'm going to do:

1.  Put some structure into my day.  Know in advance what I need to achieve and do it.
2.  Do a menu plan and STICK TO IT.
3.  Don't start something new until I finish something old (biggie)
4.  Make my challenges small, not enormous and therefore unattainable. 
5.  Don't set myself up for failure.

I've got lots of plans for this blog that I have been mulling over - challenges I've joined, websites that inspire me.  I'll be tweaking with that in the next few days.  Plus I'll get rid of the billious watermelon colour that irritates me no end now.  What was I thinking?

But for now, I've been cleaning out my online folders and found some photos that I haven't shared with you.  And as I've not sewn a stitch this Christmas, it's all I have to show you!

Have a great New Year,

Suzie






No comments:

Post a Comment