Monday 27 June 2016

flying geese–what to do with them….

So the wayward blogger is back.  Once again I’ve disappeared off the planet, it seems.  The mojo (or lack of) is still happening, but hopefully it’s starting to make an appearance.  It makes blogging life hard when your blogging and quilting mojo have shot through.

But I have a finish!  And I’ve photographed it!  I’m winning today!

IMG_8226

It’s really not the best of photos.  But the story is that I had some flying geese left over from another project, and really didn’t know what to do with them.  So they ended up being these blocks. 

IMG_8228

IMG_8229

IMG_8230IMG_8231

Sometimes when I take a photo of a quilt I have finished (or a flimsy, should I say) it looks fabulous.  Sometimes, it really doesn’t.  This flimsy obviously needs lots of quilting to make it look its best.  But I have many other flimsies that I will quilt first.  Or at least think about quilting first.

In other news, it’s bitterly, bitterly cold.  And I’m loving every minute of it.  People complain a lot about the weather here.  We are either really hot (45 C) or really cold (8 or 9 C) and it seems there are people on either side who hate those extremes.  I admit, a 45 degree day is no good for anyone, but I love these cold, crisp, bright days.

I’ve managed to finally finish my Allietaire quilt, which I shall hopefully show you in the next few days.  I’ve let myself down with the borders on this one, and I don’t know why.  I’ve followed all the rules, and it’s still quite whoofy.  I can only put it down to the bias edges that Bonnie used on her outside triangles.  That and the fact that this quilt is enormous.  I keep saying that I won’t do another Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt but you and I both know that I will.  Of course I will.

So there you go, lovely readers – an update of sorts.  I trust you are keeping warm or cool and fit and well.  And I hope you’re having a quilty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment