Saturday 23 July 2011

What I've been working on...

I've felt a little... blah all day today.  Blah isn't the right word but today I don't feel very good with words.  I'm sure lots of it is this terrible business in Oslo.  I do worry...really I do. 

I've been steadfastly avoiding the television and the internet news.  I'm of the opinion that all this news, all the time is no good for us.  The upside of avoiding television and internet surfing is that I got very busy on my current project.


You may remember this post here where I showed you one block of a project for my swap partner in our quilting group.  It turns out that I've been terribly neglectful in my deadlines, and I thought I had loads of time to go till I have to hand it over.  Not true!  So I've pulled the proverbial out and I have motored along today while the little people played beautifully together, and I think I shall be finished just in time to swap it with my partner.  Do you like it?  Again, yellows are so not my colours, but as I think I've become a little too safe with my colours, I'm pleased I've challenged myself to work outside my comfort zone.

I think it's okay.

Enjoy your weekend!

S.

3 comments:

  1. Yes Oslo is terrible, what people do to each other it is terrible.
    I love your block it is very well made.
    Have a nice weekend Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is fantastic, love the colors and your stitching is beautiful when I clicked on the photo to see it larger. Found you through Quilting Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both so much :) I'm getting stuck into the project today so hopefully I'll have a finish to show!

    ReplyDelete