Tuesday 28 February 2017

Rainbow Quilt

As I told you the other day, I made my eldest daughter a quilt for Christmas.

I’m nothing if not fair and even with the children (I hope) so obviously I needed to make the smaller child a quilt also.

She’s always been into rainbows, bright cheery colour explosions.  Her dress sense is – well – unique – to put it the best way and she doesn’t give a you know what how other people see her. 

So when I saw this tutorial online I thought it was the perfect quilt for a rainbow child.

I had to order the jelly rolls in (nowhere sells Rainbow jell rolls anywhere!) but even with that cost it still worked out a pretty cheap quilt.

So what do you think?

IMG_9055

IMG_9056

IMG_9057

IMG_9058

IMG_9059

IMG_9060

 

IMG_9062

IMG_9063

Mother quilted it in a swirly design which I think worked really well on such a straight quilt.  Kinda cuts through the straightness of it.

I’m very pleased with it.  It is a really quick, (if a little cumbersome) quilt to make and apart from keeping your wits about you in terms of colour placement (it’s very easy to stitch the wrong row on) I found it really easy.

So if you’re in possession of two jelly rolls you can’t decide what to do with, this is a great idea.

Hope you like it.  She loved it.  She loves anything rainbows.  And being eight – well, she’s not twelve, if that makes sense!   I have a couple more years of exuberance to go yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment