Tuesday 9 August 2016

Moving on down the UFO list

I mentioned a few days ago that I have been ticking off slowly (oh, ever so slowly) the UFO's on the Started list.  (I also have a kits purchased but not started list, but that's a whole other story).

This is one I made so long ago, it was as part of a Gloria Loughman class.  I kid you not when I say I put that sucker in a bag to go home that day, and it hasn't seen daylight since them till yesterday morning when I pressed it and took a very washed out photo.

I lost the flow - I am not an arty quilter and I'm scared silly of the next step.  But scary quilts still need to be worked on and so I am committing myself to finish this jolly thing sometime soon.  Hopefully.  Fingers crossed.  

We'll see.

I'm really pleased with how it looks for this step but the next step is the arty farty one and THAT is the super scary one.




I took these photos late last night with the Iphone.  I won't be doing that again.  I can do okay photos in good light with the Iphone, and I can take okay photos in dark light with a camera, but bad light and Iphone camera?  Not good At All.

I had a lovely extended sewing day at our quilting group today and managed to put a good dent in my Pioneer Braid quilt.  With luck I might photo it tomorrow and post.  Two posts in a week?  Such excitements!

Have a lovely day.

Suzie

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!! Go for it!! I know what you mean about being a little scared to do the "arty" thing. I'll make a bet that once you get started you'll have lots of fun and your finished quilt will be very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! I hope once I start it'll just happen organically (who am I kidding!!) but I'm determined to finish some of these class projects - waste of money otherwise!

    ReplyDelete