Tuesday 12 August 2014

Beeatrice

Another one of the favourite designs from Sparkles and Spirit was Bee-atrice.

IMG_4549

She’s a bee. Obviously.

IMG_4550

I used to love making these kits up for customers.  They had a thousand different little charms, buttons, laces.  I loved gathering them all together and making little people (or bees) out of them.

IMG_4551

Her wings were electrical wire. 

IMG_4552

 

IMG_4553

 

IMG_4554

 

IMG_4555

 

IMG_4556

 

IMG_4557

If you’re into dolls, I thoroughly recommend the Sparkles and Spirit brand.  Her designs are not complicated at all, as long as you do each step as she does it.  No racing ahead!

Life has been stupidly busy around my little house.  I don’t know why – maybe I take too much on. I suspect though it’s because life is just going to get busier as my girls get older.  They want to do more, be out more, be involved more. It’s a hard juggle for me as a mother.  I see other kids who have things on after school every night, and I just think for us it would be too much. They get too tired.  But I also want them to be involved in life outside of school.  Big time juggle.

In other news, my mother is off on a six week jaunt around Europe today.  I don’t think I remember the last time she was gone for six weeks.  I’m lucky enough to have a close friendship with my mum and whilst I’m thrilled she’s off having adventures, I’m going to miss her!

It’s been stupidly cold here in our little town.  I live in a stone fruit area (peaches, apricots etc).  We need a run of cold weather to ‘set the fruit’ but we have had frosts most days for nearly a month now.  It’s FREEZING!  Whilst it bodes well for a good fruit season this year, it’s been hard work for me shivering inside my cold house.  Freezing.  Quite literally.  I don’t know how you Northern girls go, with snow and sleet and hail.  Sadly, we’ve lost quite a few of our shrubs with the frost.  Poor little garden, most of it got fried in the summer weather, what was left is getting nuked by the cold!

As far as quilting goes, I’ve been trying hard to finish stuff.  Our quilting guild had a mystery quilt over the past few months and I’ve been trying to finish that up.  Hopefully today, so I’ll post that tomorrow.  It’s one of those ‘out of my comfort zone’ quilts.  The only mysteries I know I’ll adore are Bonnies.  All the other mysteries are a risk to me. 

But I have enough fabric so it’s no great loss if I hate these mystery quilts.  I certainly don’t hate this current one –but I’ll sure own up to the fact that it’s out of my comfort zone!

That’s my update for today. I really hope you’re doing well.

Happy Quilting!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment