Back to some resemblence of routine today – school, work, shopping. I’m trying very hard to be ordered. They say it takes a month to learn a habit – I’m trying very hard to train myself into order.
If I actually come clean about the number of UFO’s I have, you’d die. Just So Many. But I’m systematically working them down, and today I spent some time doing these little 25” patches. They measure 8” square, and I’m trying really hard to do them all the right size. I started them as an exercise to get my 1/4” seam working properly, and I’m still not happy with it. If I move my needle 4 clicks to the left, they are too small. If I move the needle 5 clicks to the left, they are too big. I’m not sure just how much more I can do to get that perfect 1/4” seam.
But, I’ve made 20 blocks and I’ve tallied up that I need 61 to make a quilt of a decent size, so I’ll be working on that seam allowance.
I WILL get there.
You can just see the tops of the Joseph’s Coat block peeking out there. That’s a post for another day, but I’ve been working on that one too.