Thursday 27 October 2011

Bereft

After piecing a small baby quilt perfectly yesterday, for no apparent reason my Pfaff machine broke. Sob. It's in the doctors today, it's got a broken spindle on the spool and the timing is out. For those of you like me, to whom that means nothing, it means you break many needles and the machine is angry.

So today, for the first time in a LONG time, I haven't pieced anything! It's a bit of a dangerous time really. I tend to get itchy feet (or hands?) and start something new when I can't finish something old, which is why I have so many UFO's. One day I'll show you my UFO cupboard.

How are we all going with the first month of Bountiful Bouquet? I'll confess I haven't even started stitching mine. But I have pieced next months' blocks so I will be ready to post them on the 1st November.

Must away, tea to cook. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You must have some hand stitching in all of those UFOs.. sorry aout your machine though.. sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My machine broke last August and it still wasn't fixed by the end of September, so I got it back from that repair shop, bought a refurbished one on overstock.com and will get the old one fixed when the money is there. I couldn't go any longer. A friend gave me a basic machine to use, and it was ok for piecing, but I couldnt do machine applique and I didn't even try machine quilting on it. I have a problem with depression and that put me in a tailspin for a while. I'm back to sewing again, and not such a grouch now. Hope your machine is fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete