Wednesday 15 June 2011

The Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt

So I made this last night.  I think it qualifies as my quickest quilt ever.
It's a sideways piccie and it's only a flimsy and it's a fairly horrible photo, but I can't find the best place to hang them to photograph them.  I could go outside and hang it on the line but it's -292 degrees outside, or at least it feels like it, so this will have to do for now. 

I came across this post yesterday.  I found the concept quite interesting, and as I had a jelly roll handy I gave it a whirl.  It took about three hours from start to finish with lots of breaks in between so I'm pleased with that.  I don't love jelly rolls, I've decided.  They are too complicated to use if you haven't got just the right one, and then you need border fabric or layer cakes and I just figure buying 20 cm of them is a better deal.  But this quilt worked a treat, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment