Thursday 16 March 2017

Deli Geese Quilt

Many moons ago I was participating in an online Block Of The Month via Pat Speth of Nickel Quilts. 

She had designed a new block set up – the Deli Geese blocks.  It looked different, and so of course I thought I must have a go at this!

I did my usual Suzie trick.  Went Gung Ho for a while, and it gradually petered out to nothing.

As part of my 2017 push to get stuff done, I’ve cut my losses, not made the whole set of blocks, but made enough to get a very nice quilt top out of it.

IMG_9048

 

IMG_9050

IMG_9051

IMG_9052

IMG_9053

IMG_9054

It was something I enjoyed while I was making the blocks and I’m glad that I’ve got it to a top stage.

Now I will think about what to do next with it.  Magically learn feather quilting and fill in all those big gaps, I think.

Yep.  That’s what I’ll do.

Have a lovely day!

2 comments: