I mentioned some time ago that I was working on Quiltville’s My Blue Heaven. I really wasn’t happy with my choice of colours, and I showed various layouts that I was going to try. None of them really worked, and I decided that I wasn’t going to waste any more time on it, so I stitched them together into two separate quilts.
This is the first one.
Dull. Boring. Waste Of My Time.
I’m not sure why it didn’t work. All those hours in the making of the half square triangles and it just looks like a big blue blur.
Anywhoooo, I’ve got the other blocks sitting in my sewing room and they look much nicer all stitched together, so I’ve decided to use this bit as the backing, and the starry blocks as the front, and I shall have made my very first reversable quilt!
As I said, I’m not sure why it flopped. I’m pretty sure though that it might be that my creams are not so rich as I would have like, they seem a little cold.
But it’s done, and soon the front will be done and that’s two quilts for the price of one!
Have a lovely day.