Friday 5 July 2013

Monsters University

Here is the final five.

monster sixteen

one

monster seventeen

two

monster eighteen

three

monster nineteen

four

monster twenty

and five.

Love every single one of these.  I’ve cut a whole pile of 3” squares and most of these will cut down to a finished 7.5” block, so that’s okay.  But there are three bigger ones who will not fit any maths I try and do.

I’m afraid I may have to leave those ones out and do some more to fill in the gaps.  I don’t know, I don’t know!

I always end up doing this.  Think I’ve finished a design and end up having to do more work because I didn’t think those extra steps through.  My husband (god bless him) is always picking me up on that.  His favourite saying is ‘You didn’t really think that through, did you?’'.

What can I say?  I’m creative!  You gotta create when the bug hits you, right?!

I’m doing a pretty high end class tomorrow so hopefully I can take lots of photos of work I’ll be doing and post them throughout the week.  I’m quite terrified really that I won’t be any good – it’s an art quilt class and I’ve never made an art quilt in my life. 

We’ll see how it goes!

Suzie

3 comments:

  1. I love your monsters! I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use those monsters that don't want to fit for some matching pillows! This is going to be sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you....I do love them.

    ReplyDelete