Monday 2 March 2020

062 Oklahoma Backroads Update

I'm still plodding along with the Oklahoma Backroads quilt I've been working on.  

As with all Bonnie Hunter quilts, there's many seams to wrangle and they always seem to take longer than I hoped.  Which is fine, just makes my to do list grow and grow.

I've done all the blocks, and I placed them on the design wall to see if they work.




I think they do.  But some of my points are just abysmal.  I'm hoping they'll get lost in the quilting.

I do my very best at quilting, and yet I still can't sometimes get the points working.  Why is that?  I think it must just be trying to do too much, too fast.  Story of my life.




I have managed this weekend to get them into rows, and pressed them all (not showing in this photo!) so hopefully I will be able to do the final seams tomorrow.  This weekend has been a bust in the sewing room, but it's okay.  I spent it outside in the sun with nice company and nice food, and that's what life is all about.

I needed a whole metre of fabric for my borders, and I am determined to use the older stuff in my stash.  But I don't have whole metres of fabric, sadly.  I had to really dig to find something to use, and it's hard to know what to use with a scrappy quilt.  I've chosen a purple, so I am hoping that it will all look okay.

We shall wait and see.

I hope your weekend has been terrific, filled with all good things.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment