Friday 2 January 2015

Felt Christmas Ornament No. 1

I know Christmas is officially over, but bear with me.

christmas pudding ornaments 1

One of my big, clever ideas last year was to do one felt Christmas ornament a week, so that by the end of the year I would have a lovely collection of felt ornaments.

Didn’t happen.  Of course it didn’t, you know me well enough by now.  But this year I think I may give it a go.  No grand statements (that should be my catchphrase for the year, not more productivity less procrastination!) but I’m at least starting as I mean to go on.

I have used a lovely tutorial that was offered at Bugs and Fishes blog, by following this link:

http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/felt-ornament-how-to-3-christmas.html

and once all the little people had gone to bed, I sat and quickly stitched this:

IMG_0709

It was remarkably easy, though I think one the next one I will use less strands in my embroidery threads, it kind of looks chunky.

But it fits very well on the tree:

IMG_0698

and in a larger view:

IMG_0701

There it is, right next to the giant cat sized hole.  We are missing a whole branch.  Lord knows where I’ll find that.

Hope your day went well.  We are sweltering here on a very hot day.

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment