Wednesday 30 September 2015

Crochet Bag

So you know I've been crocheting lately, right?

I do like the not having to concentrate real hard part of crocheting.  It's something I can pick up and put down easily and interruptions don't matter too much.  And I have a lot of interruptions.  That's why I don't cross stitch anymore.

I've had a bee in my bonnet about making a rainbow crochet bag.  There's a free pattern floating out there on pinterest but the instructions have been removed, so all it does is serve to annoy me that it's not available anymore.  But it's soooo close.... Just goes to show you can never remove everything on the internet.

Anyhoo....I found this delightful website:

http://www.vendulkam.com/

And she has this wonderful bag:


Which is nothing like the original idea in my head, but so cute anyway.  So I thought I would have a go at my own version.

You have to buy the pattern but it wasn't expensive and I really did need instructions.  And despite English not being her first language (Vendulka's words, no mine) they were really, really easy.

So do you think I nailed it?





As typical with cheap computers and camera phones, the colours are not exactly true but I was very, very pleased with the result.  It's tiny, and really only good for little girls, but it was the best fun!

I may have another go with different colours later on today.  

Hope your day has been filled with lovely, craft things.

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment