Wednesday 25 July 2012

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves Cropped Image

You would not believe the amount of times I have made this wall hanging.  When we were in business, it was a kit/pattern that we designed ourselves.  It was hands down our most popular design.  We have made in so many colours, we’d hang it on the wall as a shop sample and someone would come in, admire it, and ask if they could buy it.  We always said yes.  Shop samples are like rabbits, they breed and breed.  Even today, all these years after we have left the shop, we have bags full of shop samples. 

This one is unquilted, therefore just a flimsy.  But as I work my way through the cupboard photographing all of them, I’m sure to find a quilted one. 

It’s only small, and it went really well as a table centre for a rectangular table.  I used to do the whole ‘pretty table’ thing.  Then I had children.  Now it’s covered in texta, bits are chipped out of it, someone has drawn a smiley face on it. 

I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Till tomorrow,

Suzie

2 comments: