Saturday 16 June 2012

Sunbonnet Sue

Image

Isn’t she pretty?  I found a picture of something like her on the net years and years ago, and loved the idea of piecing her skirt.  I was going to buttonhole the applique but I thought, in the spirit of Dear Jane and all that – I should try to improve my skills.  I took this to a quilt day where I sat next to our group’s best appliquer, and she told me I did ‘very good’.  I told her to be honest, and she was.  She gave me a few tips, but as a first draft, I’m really rather proud of my first effort.

I only have to do about fifty more to make a decent sized quilt.  Hmm.  Wish me luck.

Suzie

2 comments:

  1. I love her and the fact you pieced her dress. How cute is that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! She was good fun.

    ReplyDelete