Saturday 30 June 2018

Hand stitching more hexies

A long time ago I was given a really lovely pouch from an older lady who made them for trading tables.  It was lovely and knew I wanted to make some for myself.  At least one.

I’ve been around the internet long enough to know that I’d seen some form of tutorial for something like it.  You can see it here:

http://quiltsalott.blogspot.com/2010/03/little-purse-tutorial.html

All you need is a little bit of pellon, a large zipper and lots of hexies.  What a coincidence!  I have lots of hexies!

Photo 22-11-17, 7 28 31 pmPhoto 22-11-17, 7 28 39 pmPhoto 22-11-17, 7 28 48 pm

Photo 29-11-17, 7 30 19 am

And there you go.  It’s done.  It really was quite easy, though I’m not loving my close up photos of my stitching (perhaps a change of thread colour is in order).  Putting the zip in by hand was actually remarkably easy, perhaps even easier than doing it by machine.  Way out of my comfort zone but I’m very pleased with the result.

(and how hideous is my cutting mat??)

I’ve made some kits up so I can take them places when my Ballet Project finally gets done – it’s taking all my will power to limit that to the car only, and it’s getting stitched way faster than I imagined it would.  So it’s good to have something in the pipeline, don’t you think?

Hope you’re having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment