Thursday 17 November 2016

Water Lilies Class–back at it!

IMG_8657

IMG_8658

IMG_8659

IMG_8660

IMG_8661

IMG_8662

Hi lovely readers!

You may remember a few weeks (months….) ago I did a class with Rachelle Denenny, a local quilter who wins awards all over the place and taught me a life changing method of turned applique.

I’ve finally been able to work on the sample I did in class!   I know!  Don’t fall over in shock!

It’s still a long way from finished, but I have managed to do all the prepping for the top turned applique, and I have fused all the bottom section with vliesofix.  Now I need to stitch the top section before I can do anything.  And then I need to travel to another town to buy some tulle for the lower section.  Ah the joys of living in a small town. 

But it’s looking good so far, yes?  I think it is.

Have a lovely weekend, won’t you?  It’s going to be a HOT one here, and yet only a week ago we had hailstorms that wiped out many of our fruit crops (you can read about it here).  I didn’t post about it because it’s just so darn depressing.  They were bumper crops this year, and mother nature just decides ‘Nup, you can’t have it all your way – I’ll show you who’s boss!’ and leaves me once again asking myself, ‘who would be a grower?’.

See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Your applique is just beautiful. It is too warm here for November in the US, and we are still praying for rain.

    ReplyDelete