Monday 4 May 2020

125 International Quilting Day 2019

I've been sorting through old drafts in my blog account and I found a treasure trove of pictures I forgot to show you!

International Quilting Day is a big deal here where we live.  Typically the numbers of people who attend the whole day event are only limited by the size of the venue, normally about 200/250.  It's an all day thing, we have guest speakers and show and tell and all sorts of fun things.

This year of course it was cancelled.  Poor buggers who organised it this year, it was only cancelled with a week to go - it was right at the whole 'what is this coronavirus and what will it do?' part.  It was inevitable it wasn't going to go ahead but a whole year's worth of work is put into organising it.  To have it cancelled with a week's notice is soul destroying, I imagine.

So these photos are from the Show And Tell from the year before.  Enjoy!










(mother's quilt - it won an award, she's clever)






















In corona news, we've had another day of no cases in South Australia and all the signs point to a relaxing of constrictions.  I'm quietly very scared.  I don't want them to release things yet.  I wonder if we'll all feel like that.  How do you feel?

1 comment: