Wednesday 1 January 2020

001 - Christmas Greetings!

Happy New Year!

It's been a while, hasn't it?  I've been thinking a lot about my blogging habits, and whether blogging is dead, and whether I just want to shut the whole thing down.

But truth be told, I miss it.  And even if blogging is dead, I think I'll keep on going with it, just because I like it.  So there.

Hopefully I can keep up with it.  I'm approaching a big number birthday at the end of the year and I want to use this year as my year of discipline.

Oh yes, it's hilarious I know just how many times I start a year with that statement.  But maybe my big number birthday will be the spur I need.  We shall see.  You guys will have to hold me accountable.

So as to how I have been, I blinked and six months had gone.  It wasn't my intention to stay away so long but life really didn't slow down like I had hoped.  I've had a few epiphanies over the last six months - mainly that something's going to have to give if I want to fit all the things I want to do into my life.  I don't want that thing I have to give up to be my blog, so I'm just going to have to let other things fall by the way side.  I'm still working out what those other things will be.

It's all a work in progress.

But until that all falls in line, I'd love to share with you my Christmas photos.  


We had a Christmas function at the start of December and I finally got around to fixing the big space in the kitchen.  I had another quilt hanging, and it fell down a few years ago and I never got around to putting another one there.  The quilt that I have just hung was intended for our bed, but as it's a long arm quilted quilt, it's not really squishy and we've opted for a crochet blanket on those days we need extra warmth.  This quilt hangs so beautifully straight - I don't know what I did that was different it hangs so well it would be a shame to put it anywhere but on a wall.  And so it's found its new home there.  


And we also have our lovely tree again - from our local Christmas tree farm.  The girls were determined no 'clutter' went on the tree, so we only have round baubles.  It's a bit of a shame as I have a lovely collection of decorations that were deemed 'not good enough'.  I let them have their way this year, as they seemed to be quite determined.

I also made a lovely arch hanger, I'm not really sure what its proper name should be, but it hangs over our doorway and it looks amazing.  Took me five minutes to make, and I'm really proud of it!









I also purchased a lovely new Iphone with a portrait lens, and that has given me the wonderful photo above.  It's such a good feature, makes me feel all clever.  Almost like I am a proper photographer!

So that's my update.  I won't give you grand promises about posting every day, or being the perfect blogger, but I will certainly try to devote the attention that this blog deserves.  

I hope your Christmas was fantastic, and your family and friends have all spoilt you rotten.  And I hope to see more of you as the year goes on.

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas décor! And your quilt is definitely showcase feature wall worthy! It needs to be seen by everyone who enters your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, I really do love it too.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you are back blogging. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jude! Hope to be more regular now. We'll see!

      Delete