Monday 21 August 2017

Trying to keep warm

It’s weird, if you look outside the window, it’s bright and sunny with not a cloud in sight.  If you go outside, it’s freaking freezing.

I spent most of my day ‘chillaxing’ yesterday and dug up a UFO so old it could be called prehistoric.

Half an hour in the sewing room, stitching a couple of pieced borders on and it’s done. 

Photo 20-8-17, 2 04 44 pm

Photo 20-8-17, 2 05 04 pm

I’m not sure who stitched it.  Either Mum or I back before we left our shop. It would have been a pattern idea, once upon a time. 

Photo 20-8-17, 2 05 08 pm

I just need to back it and quilt it and bind it and it’s finished.  And I am left wondering again, why do I have so many UFO’s almost done?

All such bad news again everywhere.  I’m trying very hard to limit my online/social media time, and even the radio is getting turned off lately.  The weight of it is awful.  Hopefully turning off media translates to more effective use of my time craftwise.  Perhaps I will become more productive?  I don’t know.

We have Book Week this week, so I’ve been spending (too much) a lot of time trying to sort out costumes for one little girl who doesn’t really care what she wears and one bigger girl who is making life very difficult.  Do you have Book Week where you are?  Basically it’s a week of focussing on (wait for it) Books!  And it culminates in a parade where the children have to be dressed up in a character in a book.  Miss Nine is all over it, keen as mustard.  Miss Twelve is just at that stage where life is Soooooo Embarrassing and so who knows what’s going to happen with her costume this year.

Add to that, their ballet school has a once a year dressup occasion and you guessed it, it’s the same week as book week.  But both children flatly refuse to wear the same costume as previously discussed, so we are currently ‘negotiating’ what they will wear to that also. 

Busy busy life these children lead.  And at times I feel very much like their personal valet.  I know these times will be gone very quickly and I’ll miss them.  I just need to remember that!

Hope you’re keeping well, keeping safe, keeping sane where ever you are.  Talk soon!

2 comments:

  1. It's almost hard to imagine that you are really cold now, because of the internet you seem so nearby, but you are at the other side of the world. Here in The Netherlands it's summer, or it's supposed to be summer. Temperatures are not very high, nearly 20 degrees Celsius and I'm wearing my jeans instead of a summer dress (but that's maybe also because my border collie pup tries to eat my summer dresses if I'm wearing those). So, it's no weather to lay down at the beach, but it's perfect weather to quilt! I hope you can find your warmth quilting as well, I wish you a lot of it!

    And about the costumes... When I was young I also danced and I keep dear memories to all the costumes my mother sewed. You are making precious memories for them and for you too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. I totally relate to all of this..... we had Book Week parade yesterday. Miss 9 was in her element. Mr 6 changed his mind about which costume he wanted on Friday, then promptly forgot to do anything about it all weekend! Come Monday I am desperately painting a box while he is blissfully at school...... all on the same day as when Miss 9's craft entry has to be delivered for judging at the local show and, yes, it's cold!

    ReplyDelete