Friday, 11 August 2017

A totally, completely, 100 percent finished quilt to show you!

Hi everyone.

Mostly when I show you ‘finished items’ they are very rarely finished.  They are flimsies, which as you know I am totally cool with.

But this quilt, which I’ve shown you before, has a place that it is to live, and it needs to be quilted to live there!

I’ve been in my current house 9 years.  This quilt was originally designed to go on my bed, but it got too hard and I decided to quit at the borders and make it a wall hanging.   It’s been on the go that long.

It languished for years while I fiddle faddled with other things.

This year was the year to finish it.  I only had a small amount of applique to go, and then I handed it over to my expert quilter and she has given it back to me as a work of art.

IMG_9388

Tadah!

I’m stupidly pleased with it.  I did a really good job (if I say so myself) at the applique and Mum’s done an outstanding job of the quilting.

IMG_9390

IMG_9391

IMG_9392

IMG_9393

IMG_9394

IMG_9395

It’s a real pretty quilt, I think.  All I have to do now is hang the thing on the wall and I’m done!  Let’s hope I get to that quickly!

Hope you all have a lovely day, and I’ll see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Love it....... Hurry and hang it up......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I will! Just need to buy the hangers!

      Delete
  2. What is the name of the quilt pattern and who is it by....LOVE what you've done....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I don't recall the original designer - the original design was from a Homespun magazine, and it was only for the centre panel. The outer borders was me just extending it to make it bigger. I'm really pleased with it.

      Delete