Friday 11 August 2017

A totally, completely, 100 percent finished quilt to show you!

Hi everyone.

Mostly when I show you ‘finished items’ they are very rarely finished.  They are flimsies, which as you know I am totally cool with.

But this quilt, which I’ve shown you before, has a place that it is to live, and it needs to be quilted to live there!

I’ve been in my current house 9 years.  This quilt was originally designed to go on my bed, but it got too hard and I decided to quit at the borders and make it a wall hanging.   It’s been on the go that long.

It languished for years while I fiddle faddled with other things.

This year was the year to finish it.  I only had a small amount of applique to go, and then I handed it over to my expert quilter and she has given it back to me as a work of art.

IMG_9388

Tadah!

I’m stupidly pleased with it.  I did a really good job (if I say so myself) at the applique and Mum’s done an outstanding job of the quilting.

IMG_9390

IMG_9391

IMG_9392

IMG_9393

IMG_9394

IMG_9395

It’s a real pretty quilt, I think.  All I have to do now is hang the thing on the wall and I’m done!  Let’s hope I get to that quickly!

Hope you all have a lovely day, and I’ll see you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Love it....... Hurry and hang it up......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the quilt pattern and who is it by....LOVE what you've done....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I don't recall the original designer - the original design was from a Homespun magazine, and it was only for the centre panel. The outer borders was me just extending it to make it bigger. I'm really pleased with it.

      Delete
  3. Me encanto este trabajo. Quedo muy agradable. Muy buen trabajo con los colores¡¡¡. He buscado en internet el numero de la revista y no encuentro. Alguna pista. Me gustan mucho las aplicaciones y me enamore de el, pero no lo encuentro. Desde Chile, sudamerica un abrazo y gracias

    ReplyDelete