Monday 24 July 2017

Crochet….

Photo 12-6-17, 1 38 39 pmI’ve been a finishing fiend again, you’ll be so proud of me.

Some time ago I crocheted a really quick cushion from some leftover Chunky Stylecraft yarn I had.

I’m not what one would call a clever crocheter, but I hope what I lack for in skill I make up in enthusiasm!  All I had to do was sew it together and it’s done. 

Photo 12-6-17, 1 38 47 pm

I’ve got a front lounge (the ‘good’ lounge') that seems to be the receptacle currently of crocheted items.

Some time ago I was given an odd sized piece of crocheting that we thought may have been the beginnings of a bag.  The lady who had crocheted it had long since sunk into Alziehmers and I doubt she knew her own name, let alone what she had intended it to be.

Photo 12-6-17, 1 38 54 pm

After a bit of tooing and froing, I realised it was a clever cushion!  All it needed was an insert made and one carefully placed seam and it was done!  Another UFO finished.

I’ve looked and looked to see how she joined her hexies and for the life of me I can’t see it.  I wish I was that clever.  And it’s so sad that it’s all gone now, up into the ether.  Dementia is a horrible thing.

Photo 12-6-17, 1 39 08 pm

So there are my two lovely cushions, and my gorgeous, heavy row by row.  Two more projects off the ‘to do’ list.

The light is not brilliant on that picture, I apologise for that.  But take my word for it, the crocheting just bursts with colours.  I have to tell you, each time  walk in the front room, this collection just brightens my heart every time I see it!

5 comments:

  1. It looks great and a colourful crochet haven it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that hexie cushion is amazing! wish I had that talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've tried to do the stitches and I can't work it out, just destined to admire from afar, not replicate it!

      Delete
  3. that hexie cushion is amazing! wish I had that talent.

    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete