Wednesday 22 March 2017

Jewel Box

Another flimsy done to show you.

IMG_9081Do you remember when the only quilts you knew how to make where the traditional ones?  Churn Dash, Pinwheels, and the classic jewel box?

IMG_9082

IMG_9083

IMG_9084

This one stretches back so far.  I’m not even sure when I first made these blocks, but I know I made one whole quilt from these fabrics and had enough to make a second, smaller version.  This is what’s been sitting in my UFO box for years and years and years.

As with all my jobs, this one took an afternoon to be finished.  Might make a nice lap quilt for someone who needs it, I think.

Today is much cooler, after a week or two of hot, hot, HOT.  We had a late start to summer this year and we are certainly paying for it now.  I am patiently waiting for Autumn, which we are officially a month into now – but mother nature has other ideas!

I hope you’ve had time to sew today.  See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. wow I remember that floral print from my earlier days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm not sure if it's retro, vintage or antique!

      Delete
  2. It is a pretty quilt, and great to have a UFO make progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm getting more space in my sewing room which is so lovely!

      Delete