Sunday 10 March 2019

More sewing to show you

I've been lucky enough to be able to squeeze in a few days of all day sewing over the last months at our quilting rooms.  I have another one on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to, but I thought I might show you my latest endeavour.

Longer readers may remember my Rachelle Denneny class I took?  Back here?  I'm embarrassed to tell you that class was three years ago. 

Well, I've been finishing!




It took me a long time to finish the applique, then another long time to decide to do the quilting.  And then a further long time to actually do the quilting, which I managed on my last all day sewing.

And this is where it stands now.  Hanging on my wall.




Certainly far from my best quilting but it's done. 

I was toying with the idea of binding it in two different colours but I can't find the matching fabric, so I'm going to bite the bullet and have a go at facing it.  That's Tuesday's job - I figure there'll be better sewers than me there to ask. 

So that will be one more job off my (very very very long) list.  It's slow going but it is getting there.

Hope you have a lovely quilty weekend, and I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Las flores preciosas y con la técnica del reflejo en el agua queda fabuloso, felicidades.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete