Wednesday 14 February 2018

An update, it’s cooler, and life goes on

Hi lovely readers.

In the week (and a bit) that it’s been since I last updated you, the temperature has been STUPID and HOT and everyone is very much at the end of their tether.  Summer in South Australia really isn’t the best time, let me tell you.

But it’s back to a lovely 30 degrees again, and nights have been cooler so at least we can all get some sleep.

I’ve been working hard when I can on this:

2018-01-20 15.44.42

Which has quickly turned into this:

2018-02-01 09.41.35

2018-02-01 09.41.42

2018-02-03 19.12.33

And I must admit, I’m really rather liking it.  It’s turned into an unusually light quilt for reproductions.  I’ve already decided that it’ll replace the 20 year old quilt on my bed when it cools down.

In other news – not much to report.  Highschool has started with a bang for our eldest, and she seems remarkably well adjusted to it considering how much a wreck her mother was.  The youngest has slipped back into routines very well, and now wakes herself up with her own alarm and showers herself and dresses herself, all before I even crawl out of bed.  So we are at the very least organised in the mornings!

I’m fairly exhausted though, which I know will pass when I have a little time to myself, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I’ve neglected myself a little during the school holidays and now it’s time for all the checkups (you know, all the fun girly medical ones) and then maybe I can put my feet up a bit.

Hope all is well, and I will post again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love how your quilt is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the progress on your quilt. It is hard to keep up with everything in the heat we have been getting, but good to see you getting in some stitching.

    ReplyDelete