Friday 3 February 2017

Girls’ Art Quilt

Hello lovely readers,

I have another finish to show you.  It’s still only a flimsy but as we know, I don’t mind flimsies.

A year or so ago (my, how quickly time goes!) my youngest daughter’s teacher left to have a baby.  I was recruited into making a quilt for her – all the students drew a block and it was very well received.  You can see that post here.

I loved the concept, and so I decided I’d make my two girls do a few quilt blocks and I’d make them both their own quilt – a perfect snapshot of their ages.

They didn’t really approach it with as much gusto as I hoped.  Turns out drawing loads and loads of pictures just to keep your mother happy isn’t as much fun to little girls as it sounds. 

So I cut my losses and put the two girls’ blocks together, and now I have a precious Mummy momento just for me.

IMG_8999

IMG_9000

IMG_9001

IMG_9002

IMG_9003

IMG_9004

IMG_9005

IMG_9006

IMG_9007

IMG_9008

IMG_9009

IMG_9010

IMG_9011

Already in the time it took me to make this a flimsy I can see how their artwork has changed and how they have matured.  The time is flying past me, my two babies are not babies anymore and it’s very bittersweet.  I know you know what I’m talking about.

I’m hopeless really, I keep everything they ever draw or write to me.  And I’ll keep this one forever too.

Have a lovely weekend.

1 comment: