Monday 15 August 2016

A Quilting Intermission

I do love quilting, but as I get a little older, the kids need me more sometimes and life gets busier (blah, blah, blah ... you all know the drill) I find I have really fallen into the crocheting thing big time.

I'm not sure why I love it so much.  It's a real pain that I am loving it now, eight years after we closed our wool shop.  That's not really sensible, is it?

I think it's because I am able to pick it up and put it down easily - I don't have to have my bits spread out all over like quilting, and I don't really need to concentrate when I'm doing it.  All good when my brain might be fried at the end of the day.

I still am very much quilting, but not so much after dinner like I used to in the olden days.  This is my sit in front of the television project.



And this one is a row by row of every colour I have in my wool basket.  It's a monster and I'm really enjoying doing it, and it's so soft and warm to snuggle under.  I don't know how to do the arty farty crochet photos yet, so apologies for that!

On quilty news, I have just been on a two day class with a tutor who taught me how to applique in a way that I have never been shown before, and I think my quilting world has been changed forever!  But more on that tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling, sometimes you just have to do something else creative. I still love quilting, but I also have other interests. Nice work on your crochet projects!

    ReplyDelete