Wednesday 20 May 2015

An update...

Busy busy busy...story of my life.  How are things with you?

I have had a chance to do a quick bit of sewing.  We host a small class here on Tuesday nights, just four ladies who come share some sewing time away from their families.  They are always looking for something new to try and when I saw a tutorial for a Missouri Star Quilt pop up on my facebook, I thought it might be something they might like to try.

I've hopefully embedded the tutorial here:


It's much like another block in a quilt I made years ago, whose name I can't remember.  

So you remember that box of pretty pastels and greens?  The one that never diminishes no matter how much I use it?  I used a bit more, and no - the box is no lighter.

I am pretty pleased with the outlook of this quilt.  None of it is pressed yet, it's all on the bias and I'm just trying to stop the stretching for now, so it's only pinned.  But I do think it's pretty.


I cut way too many strips.  Way too many.   




So there you are - another quilt begun.  Because I need more quilt tops.

Hope your week has been a good one!

Suzie

5 comments:

  1. I don't think we have to need any more quilts to make them.... if you were a painter, would you have to need one to paint a picture? Do it because you enjoy it and want to do it, and that's enough of a reason. Well that's my story and I am sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the quilt looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors! You may not "need" another quilt, but since when did that ever stop us quilters? 😉

    ReplyDelete





  4. really pretty. I thought it were finished (sewn together) until you spilled the beans. I truly like this. Was hoping for a tut. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops!!!!! Too hasty of me. There is a tut video right in the beginning!!!!!!!! I was so taken with the pictures of the quilt, that I did not have eyes for anything else. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete