Wednesday 15 April 2015

Show And Tell

Hi there.

It is school holidays.  I’ve packed off my children for three nights with their grandmother.  The house is quiet and still.  I’ve all the time in the world to quilt.

And I have a head cold.

Yay.

I thought I’d give you some show and tell today.  This quilt is a really old one that has been languishing in the cupboard for years, just waiting for ‘something’ to finish it off.

IMG_6373

It’s a disappearing nine patch, and it was finished to the red outer border.  But it wasn’t ‘finished’.  On my last visit to a fabric shop I brought some black and whites and in half an hour had stitched an outer border.  I think all it needs now is that red as a binding and it’s done. 

IMG_6375

IMG_6376

IMG_6377

IMG_6378

It was a shop sample (so many shop samples) and we sold metre after metre of black and whites once people had realised what they could do with them.  I must admit that black and white prints can look very daunting, but this worked a treat.  Don’t you think?

I hope you’ve had a good day sewing, or quilting, or knitting, or whatevering!

Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment