So I’ve been trying to finish all the UFO’s in the cupboard (there is no hope – there are just too many) and finishing my monsters is high on the list.
You may remember the original monster quilt (see it here if you want to refresh). When I stitched it, I just blindly appliqued lots of very cute monsters just because I liked them. I gave no thought to actual maths, or how they would work in a quilt. Consequently, I had lots of blocks left over that wouldn’t fit in the original – the maths just wouldn’t go.
So, to use the all up, I made another monster quilt.
Half of these were already stitched, I also needed to make a few more. Happily, there are millions of little monsters all over the internet, or in colouring in books. The tricky part was not actually finding the designs, it was deciding when to stop. But stop I did, and I made this quilt over the last few months.
I do think that last one is my favourite.
So all in all, I think my two monster quilts have worked rather well. I’m not sure anyone needs two monster quilts in their stash, so I’ll most likely give one away. But for a little while, I will keep them here at home.
The only downside is that I STILL have all these blocks leftover that didn’t fit.
I’ve decided that I will not make another monster quilt (I’m almost totally sick of the monsters….). I think I will use some of these guys on the back of the quilt, and I’m going to make some library bags or something as gifts. And then me and the monsters – we will be done!